Saturday, October 21, 2017

Christ Jesus, Victor!

Dear all,

Peace of Christ be with you!  It's a rainy day here in Western Pennsylvania.  I'd had the privilege of attending Mass this morning, so my day was off to a great start from the get-go.  What a gift is our dearest Jesus' Most Holy and Precious Body and Blood.  He never fails to pour strength, grace, endurance, virtue, and other unseen gifts into my heart through the Eucharist.  I am in a situation these days where I can access daily Mass regularly if I like.  That is an answered prayer.

I can't help but rejoice also that my little unborn baby will be receiving Him each time I receive Him.  That in itself is a victory of grace!

I haven't written lately.  It's been over a year (this, of course, seems to be the obvious pattern in my blogging habits...!).  I return today, not only to change the background/design, but to share a simple message that was written on my heart very tenderly and deeply yesterday.

Yesterday, my parents, husband (and Baby!), and I went to the funeral of a dear, dear aunty of ours.  We were not related by blood, but since even the time of my mother's birth this lady was a part of our family's lives.  She was one of my grandma's closest friends.  At the age of 96, she outlived my grandma by 14 years!  Phwoo!  What a long life on earth.  I didn't think I would cry at her funeral because I saw it coming (mainly because of her age!).  It seems she'd been quite able to prepare for her earthly departure (most of her friends had passed on, so I think she was almost looking forward to moving on, already!).

--- picking up where I left off (this post was written in September/October I think of 2016)

I remember crying as soon as "Here I Am, Lord" started for the processional hymn.  I was deeply touched and filled with many emotions, as happens to many, many people at funerals, obviously!

But what I remember wanting to post about was just the massive Truth God seemed to write on my heart that morning as we prayed for the dear soul of Aunt Gilda - that truly Heaven is so very close to earth - and in the Holy Mass we are literally TOUCHED and KISSED by Heaven, by Our Lord Himself!!  I was feeling as though I stood at the threshold, just at the entryway into eternal life with Christ, and He was reminding us that, indeed, The Kingdom of Heaven IS at hand.

So yes, though we die, if we die in Christ, we truly can experience the glory and joy of coming Home to our Father who loves us so dearly He sent His only begotten Son to die for our sake, to bring us into that Kingdom to live with Him forever.  What a treasure, what a joy, what an immensely MERCIFUL GOD we have!!

As the Lord has already defeated sin and death and His resurrection has the final say, we can stand in His victory and declare His praise from the Heights of Love - HE IS RISEN, ALLELUIA, and if I live in Him and die in Him, I WILL BE RISEN TO GLORY WITH HIM, TOO!

Amen, amen, amen - Alleluia!!!


Please offer a prayer for the soul of Gilda, and for all the faithful departed. And for all the souls in purgatory most in need of our prayers.  May they, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment